Get an API Token
- Go to https://explorer.poetnetwork.net.
- Click on Login / Sign Up.
- Under Sign Up, enter your email address and set a password, then confirm the verification email sent to you.
- Click on Get API Token.
- Switch the toggle from Testnet to Mainnet (unless you want to use Testnet first for testing purposes).
- Click on Create API Token for Live to generate a new API Token.
- Click on the created API Token to copy it to your clipboard.
- Save the API Token in a secure place (don’t share it with anyone).
This tutorial assumes your are running WordPress version 4.9.8, but it should work with other versions too.
- Login to your WordPress server as the admin user.
- Go to Plugins, then click on Add New.
- In the Search plugins box enter “Po.et”.
- Find the plugin in the results and click on Install Now.
- Confirm the installation by going to Plugins, then click on Installed Plugins.
- Under the Po.et plugin, click on Activate.
- Then click on Settings and set the following:
- Author Name: Fill in whatever name you want recorded in Po.et. It doesn’t have to match your WordPress blog.
- API URL - Use https://api.poetnetwork.net/works. This is already filled in by default.
- API Token - Enter the token you received above.
- Make sure “Post articles automatically on insert or update?” is checked.
- Click on Save Changes.
Create a Post
- Go to Posts, then click on Add New.
- Write your post.
- If you want to display a “Verified on Po.et” badge with your post, add the shortcode
[poet-badge] in your post where you want the badge to appear.
- Click on Publish.
Your post is automatically registered on the Po.et Network!
If you included a badge in your post, you can click on it to see your registered work on the Po.et Explorer website, Po.et’s app for exploring works registered on the Po.et Network. Please note it will take about 10 minutes for the work to be anchored to the Bitcoin blockchain, so you won’t see your work in Explorer until that has happened.